Wednesday, February 27, 2013

rise of the machines

So things are still slightly (or more than slightly) in flux around these parts. Changing work responsibilities have a lot to do with that; I have more weekly storytimes in the mix now, and for a while I was thinking I would include one or more of those additional plans here. But upon further reflection, I don't think so. I like having this space reserved for my Head Start storytimes and frankly would be running the risk of some pretty repetitive storytime plans. Maybe when my work schedule changes even more (or when the summer comes and school is out, whichever is first), I'll tinker some. Flexibility is good.


1.  Opening:  We Wave Hello Like This [with Bianca]
2.  Song/Activity:  Open Them, Shut Them

3.  STORY: Boy + Bot / Ame Dykman
4.  FP: Two Little Red Birds/Dos Pajaritos
La Araña Pequeñita has been a bona fide hit. I am going to keep bring Spanish-English bilingual components into storytime as long as they work. 
5.  Stretch: A Sailor Went to Sea
6.  FP: Icky-Sticky Bubblegum

7.  STORY: Dinosaur vs. Bedtime / Bob Shea
8.  Stretch/Activity: Johnny Works With One Hammer
9.  Song: Baby Shark

10.  STORY: Thank You, Bear / Greg Foley
11.  Shaker Song: Milkshake
I talked a really good game about shaker songs and incorporating music and movement into my storytimes, but had sort of fallen out of the habit over the past several storytimes. Logistical issues and the like. Honestly there are hassles behavior-wise that make me a little hesitant. The kids are super-enthusiastic, no doubt; things go off the rail pretty quickly with things like, say, throwing the shakers into the box instead of handing them to me.
12.  Closing: We Wave Goodbye Like This [with Bianca]

No comments:

Post a Comment