Monday, February 18, 2013

gimme noise

So I'm not gonna complain about being sick anymore, except that I WAS TOTALLY SICK FOR FOREVER. Weeks and weeks, anyway. As in, I had a virus that ended up becoming bronchitis and that was a lot less fun than it might sound. Wait, that doesn't sound fun at all because it wasn't. But now I have antibiotics and they seem to be working. So I haven't been as on top of things, blog-wise, as I would like but it's mainly because I've been hecka sick.

But every gray cloud has a silver lining (I guess), and this one is no different. Let's get to it.


So my Head Start storytime schedule (as I have been hinting around about for a bit) will be changing. Not going away (for the time being), but my work situation has changed for the better and I am doing all sorts of new and exciting things. So many exciting things that I may not include all my storytime plans here. My tentative plan is to just focus on my preschool storytimes, both Head Start and work-related.

And so. Here's the deal with last week's bilingual preschool storytime:

1. Opening: Buenos Dias [with Gareth]
2. Song/Activity: Open Them, Shut Them
3. Stretch: Way Up High In The Apple Tree

4.  STORY: ¡La Paloma Encuentra un Perro Caliente! / Mo Willems (traducio por F. Isabel Campo)

5. Song: La Granga [with puppets]
I am happy to have this song in my repertoire, but (a) it can be a little long and (b) I think it works better with puppets. I thought I had the puppets I needed for the verses, but I did not. The kids seem pretty meh about it, but it could be something new for them. No biggie.
6. FP: Icky Sticky Bubble Gum

7. STORY: Trashy Town / Andrea Zimmerman and Dan Clemesha
8. FP: Diez Deditos
9. Activity/Stretch: The Hammer Song
OK, I have wanted to introduce this into preschool storytime for a long, long time. I guess when you see really great librarians use certain storytime components it inspires you to emulate them and I interned with a librarian who did a mean Hammer Song aka “Johnny Works With One Hammer.”
10. STORY: If You’re A Monster and You Know It / Rebecca and Ed Emberley
11. Song/Activity: This is the Way We Shake Our Shakers [Here We Go ‘Round the Mulberry Bush]
12. Closing: Adios Amigos [with Gareth]
This did not happen: time and logistical constraints, etc., etc. I am still getting my bearings in my new situation, and if it works better to just include a verse in “This is the Way We Shake Our Shakers” about how we wave goodbye, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment