Tuesday, January 8, 2013

what if they threw a storytime and no one came? pt. 2

So you already know the story of the storytime for which nobody showed. Sad, but oh well. I am happy that I got to work out preschool and toddler bilingual storytime plans, and it helped me make a few key storytime decisions.

One, I am going to start doing La Pequena Araña regularly, just to have it in my arsenal. It is fun and a nice way to work (a) with Spanish-speaking storytime audiences and (b) on bilingual concepts with storytime audiences generally.

Two, I am going to work out my own translation of Go Away, Big Green Monster! in Spanish (¡Fuera de aquí, horrible monstruo verde!) because although we have a few copies in our system it seems to be out of print and really expensive on Amazon. So if I translate it myself I'll always have my own copy (with sticky notes) for bilingual storytimes.

Anyway, this would have been a super-fun storytime.


1.  Opening: Hello Song [with Gareth]
2.  Song/Activity: Open Them, Shut Them
3.  Stretch: Way Up High In the Apple Tree

4.  STORY: I’m a Shark / Bob Shea
5.  Fingerplay: La Pequena Araña
6.  Stretch: A Sailor Went to Sea
7.  Fingerplay: Balloons

8.  STORY: Big Green Monster (in Spanish) / Ed Emberley 
9.  Song/Activity: The Wheels on the Bus
10.  Fingerplay: Chocolate

11. STORY: Chicken Butt / Erica S. Perl
12. Song/Activity: This is the Way We Shake Our Shakers [Here We Go ‘Round the Mulberry Bush]

No comments:

Post a Comment