Friday, October 19, 2012

white shoes... after labor day?!?

Back to the Head Start-only schedule this week, which is nice in that I can focus exclusively on those storytimes. It makes my overall schedule a little less hectic, anyway. Without any further ado, here's this week's storytime plan:

1.  Opening:  Hello Song [with Gareth]
2.  Song/Activity:  Open Them, Shut Them

3.  STORY: How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? / Jane Yolen


4.  Activity/song: Row, Row, Row Your Boat
5.  Stretch: Hickory Dickory Dock
We just went up to "The clock struck three" for this one. Choosing it is a part of a plan to include at least one traditional nursery rhyme element into each storytime from this point going forward.
6.  FP: Ten Fat Peas
I have a good feeling this will be a hit, considering it is a variation on the "Balloon" fingerplay, already a fast favorite.
7.  STORY: Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes / Eric Litwin
Thanks for the suggestion, Miss Helen!
8.  FP: Hot Chocolate/Chocolate
This is the week we're introducing the Spanish verse of the Hot Chocolate fingerplay we've been doing for a while now. I think I may have already included this but it is: 
Uno, dos, tres... cho
Uno, dos, tres... co
Uno, dos, tres... la
Uno, dos, tres... te
Bate, bate, chocolate!
9.  Stretch: This is My Right Hand
I mirror the right/left hand actions so the kids aren't totally baffled. Of course, I learned this lesson the hard way in one of my early storytimes last year. Ugh.
10.  Song: BINGO

11.  STORY: "Hi, Pizza Man!" / Virginia Walter
12.  Closing:  The More We Get Together [with Gareth]

No comments:

Post a Comment