Thursday, November 29, 2012

sick to move

Oh boy. I am in this weird fugue state where I feel like I am getting sick but not exactly sick (knock on wood), which is kind of miserable. If I were sick sick, I could just call it a day, crawl into bed, and watch TV on my computer. Instead, I am just feeling crummy and doing what I have to do (sort of) anyway.


But enough about all that. I was sad to miss storytime last week, though it was nice to have a Thanksgiving break. I am excited (initial griping notwithstanding) to get back into the flow. I have a bunch of books cued up for the next several storytimes, which is also exciting.

1.  Opening:  Hello Song [with Gareth]
2.  Song/Activity:  Open Them, Shut Them

3.  STORY: Guess How Much I Love You / Sam McBratney

Based on last storytime's "quiet book" success, I am encouraged to go back to the well this week with another "quiet" classic that I love.
4.  FP: Ten Fat Peas
5. FP/Stretch: The Airplane

6.  Song: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star [with Gareth]

7.  STORY: Go Away, Big Green Monster! / Ed Emberley

So OK, I guess I am vaguely reneging on my pledge to abstain from GABGM! But not really! Well yes, really. But not exactly! I am going to read the story once, and then follow up by retelling the story with the puppet. I think this will put GABGM! in a different context and help with future use of puppets and flannel boards in our storytimes. I am definitely going to tinker a little bit over the Christmas break and see how to bring different elements into Head Start storytimes this spring, and increased incorporation of flannelboard stories is top of that list.
8.  Puppet Story: Go Away, Big Green Monster!
9.  Song/Activity: Baby Shark

10.  STORY: Bugs Galore / Peter Stein
Another storytime, another Bob Staake-illustrated picture book. I am definitely cutting pages from this one, but I think it will work well in an abbreviated format. I really love the art, especially the firefly spread. Uh-mazing.
11.  Song/Activity: Can You Shake Your Egg with Me?
12.  Closing:  The More We Get Together [with Gareth]

No comments:

Post a Comment